Wiring An electrical hob & seperate oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house. The original cooker has been taken by the previous owner & I am left with 5ft of 6mm cable connected to a large "cooker switch" on the wall. The main circuit board reads as having a 32a switch for the cooker.
I want to install a 4 ring hob with a seperate fan oven.
Should I
a) connect the existing cable to a new junction box & run seperate cables to the hob & cooker?
b) connect to the cooker & run a loop to the hob?
c) connect to the hob & run a loop to the cooker?
c) run 2 seperate cables to the "cooker switch"? 6mm?
d) connect the cooker to this circuit & the hob on a different circuit altogether?
e) none of the above?

many thanks in anticipation.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
I think i have done what you are after, as i am in the trade its ok for me to do this but up to you what you want to do.

If the cooker (oven) flex is on a 13 amp plug what I have done is use some of the 6mm t&e cable to run it close to the cooker & hob,

Connect the 6mm in to a 13 amp double socket not forgeting to sheave the earth wire, screw socket on to back box you can plug in the oven & hob (as long as it is on a 13amp plug) and your away.

If gas hob your ok to plug in your sparker in to the socket !

Have fun

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back