How do you know if the worm is leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I needed to drain the central heating system. I cut off the water supply and drained the small tank in the attic - and drained all of the water our of the system. However there is still a trickle of water getting into the pipes. I think that the worm in the airing cupboard tank is leaking.

When the heating was on - the tank made some noises.

Do worms leak often??

Thanks

Robert

Sponsored Links
the ones in the foreign drink do :eek: :LOL: IT`s a COIL :idea: :LOL: and yes they can and do leak :cry:

Thanks for the reply.

How would I know for sure if it is leaking??

Rob

Cut water supply to F & E (after Ensuring there is water in it) and observe the level regularly. If it is emptying then you know it is split. The water will show up in the CWSC and will probably overflow. :D

Sponsored Links
Further to Bacho.

The level in the F&E may also rise if the water in the CWSTank is higher than in the F&E tank and you have a faulty coil. Test with system cold as water level fluctuates with water temp and expansion.

I still dont know what a worm is when its not the earth worm which I had to disect during biology classes.

Tony

Some people call the coil within the hot tank a worm - because it winds around like a worm.

I'll give the suggestions a try - thanks guys

Rob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back