New Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new build, with a new shower. It's got a Ferroli Modena 80E boiler and a Bristan Shower with a termostatic mixer value (I think!). Basically the mixer seems to make very little difference to the temperature which seems to rise on it's own to very hot and turning the mixer to cold doesn't seem to make much difference. Does anybody know what the problem might be? thanks

Sponsored Links
well I am renting the apartment and my landlord has got the builder back in twice, the first time he found some dirt in the mixer and said he has fixed it however no change then he came back and changed the mixer, however the problem is now worse if anything. I was just wondering if they might be missing something - could it be that the hot and cold water inlets are the wrong way round? :mad:

Sponsored Links
If the supplies are reversed then you normally get only very hot at one end, or very cold at the other, from a thermostatic mixer. They ALL have the hot incoming pipe on the left and cold on the right (you could have sussed that one) BUT sometimes shower mixers can be put in upside down for legitimate reasons, so its hard to be 100% certain. SOme mixers have something to turn inside if the installer needs to swap the pipes over.

Two mixers are very unlikely to have the same fault so assuming the basic plumbing is ok (ie there's no tank of low pressure cold water...) then your thought is a fair one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back