volkera linea pressure problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im new to all this so please be gentle lol .im no engineer but my system has been slowly loosing presure over a couple of years ,and a few times ive tried restoring pressure using the filling loop,nothing happens .it used to gush water with no problem but the pressure has got so low its in the red reading about 0.5 bar . ive also noticed over the last 24hrs that my radiators get hot when the hot tap is used .. any idea, before i call the man out ?
many thanks matt

Sponsored Links
You really must increase the pressure to about 1.5 Bar.

Whilst you might have a seperate filling loop, Vokera conveniently fit one inside their boilers!

There is a black lever on the right underneath. Pull that down 180° and it should fill up then return to the top as before.

The boiler may then work but hot water in the rads could indicate a faulty diverter valve. (Lets see how many people make a fool of themselves shortly! )

Tony

it wont fill using the filling loop thats why the pressure has dropped havent been able to for a while ,i think the valve is stuck...

I still dont know if you mean a separate filling loop or the built in filling loop I described to you.

Which is it ???

Tony

Sponsored Links
from the black filling handle under the boiler through the braided hose to the system refill valve typee thing :LOL: it used to refill quite easy but now nothing ,i removed the braided hose and water does flow when you turn it 180deg but wont fill the system

Which end of the built in hose did you remove???

The left hand end regularly blocks at the junction with the fitting that it is attached to, either in the hose or in the fitting.

It should be easy for you to clear the blockage and get it back to normal.

Tony

i removed the left side and turned it to check flow and there was. above where the thread of the braid pipe attaches is an arrow pointing up and above that is a nut .is this a spring loaded valve to stop any leaks and could it have siezed ?
i am not going to attemped any repairs but just trying to get some indication of cost as im planning on moving soon so im trying to be a bit tight lol :LOL:

It sounds like the non return valve blocked up....very common on these.
I have cleaned a few out before but if your not sure on what to do i would get someone to do it.

If you get someone in tell them to be careful when ordering the part because there are 2 versions of the non return valve.
Also sounds like the 3 way valve needs refurbishing (rads getting hot during hot water demand).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back