chasing certral heating pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator that has ugly pipes that run all the way up the wall in the living room. I want to chase them (bury them) in the wall. How do I go about doing this?
Any advice much appricated!

Sponsored Links
But don't use one of those unless you have one of these. Burying pipes in a wall is asking for trouble, I suggest you look at this instead, go to Pipes and Fittings, then Pipe Cover Systems.

oilman is utterly right, naturally. I meant to say something similar in my post (no, really, I did), but got distracted and when I came back I just clicked 'Submit'.

Burying pipes is a good way to annoy a heating engineer at the very start of a job, and to make anyone who sees it less inclined to want to work on your house it. My advice is to avoid doing it. For example, if you can run the pipes to the corner of the room then trunking up the wall at that point will be less obtrusive.

Sponsored Links
"""I meant to say something similar in my post (no, really, I did), but got distracted and when I came back I just clicked 'Submit'"""

You could always have used the edit facility later!

Agile said:
"""I meant to say something similar in my post (no, really, I did), but got distracted and when I came back I just clicked 'Submit'"""

You could always have used the edit facility later!

Bit like using the quote facility instead of """""""""""""" :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back