SUNVIC SD2701 motorised valve/port valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My sister has one of these valves on her central heating system. Firstly is it a 3 way valve or is it a 2 port valve as I think it is the latter.The problem is that her central heating comes on when the room stat is off.I have taken the actuator head off and it clicks round when room stat turned up so seems to be working.The body part of the valve also seems ok as thevalve turns freely.Is it possible for the for the valve not to sit properly in the body.Also is it a motorised valve that gives either hot water only or central heating only or can both be on at the same time.If it is faulty what is the best replacement.

thanks

mark

Sponsored Links
Generally the sm prefix is mid position, sz is zone valve (2 port) and sd is diverter (3 port but no mid position)....how many pipes go to the brass valve under the actuator?...generally a passing valve will require a replacement valve body.

It has the feed into the valve from the pump and then straight into the cylinder and another pipe going to the central heating,so by what you are saying you either have the water on and the central heating off or vice versa. I presume that is why on the clock it has either water priority or heating priority

Sponsored Links
No, the actuator head can't sit in the wrongh position

It could be a microswitch in the actuator head which has welded itself in the normally open position

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back