boiler fails to stay on after three minutes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I start my Glow Warm Mk2 Fule Saver, it fails to stay on after 3 mins when I start it. However If i try to fire it up straight way it would fail to start at all, but will start again when it has cooled and stay on for three minutes then stop.

Sponsored Links
SOunds like it's overheating, or thinks it is because the stat's faulty. Pump could be knackd/running slow, etc.

Any history?

Sounds to me as if the pump is not running!

Have you checked it before posting?

Tony

ChrisR said:
SOunds like it's overheating, or thinks it is because the stat's faulty. Pump could be knackd/running slow, etc.

Any history?
its got a new pump, new overheat cut off assembly. which stat did u mean? the room or boiler? thanks for reply

Sponsored Links
Just because the pump is new it does not mean its working!

In fact many pumps are changed because they have been seized up by dirt in the system. The same happens to the new pump a few days/weeks/months later!

Tony

Agile said:
Just because the pump is new it does not mean its working!

In fact many pumps are changed because they have been seized up by dirt in the system. The same happens to the new pump a few days/weeks/months later!

Tony
the pump is working fine.

If you say the pump is working fine (i suspect it is not) you possibly have a blockage.

Have you removed the pump to check the impellor has not come adrift. If it has it will sound like the pump is working but phyically not pump any water.

Lack of servicing will allow the heat exchanger to block and then the heat can back up around to the stats and cause them to think they are up to temperature. Have had this a few times on these.

Something that nobody's considered is that the Fuelsaver fan is very prone to overheating and has a thermal cut out in the windings.

It could cause exactly this behavior to occur

prace bets now

can anyone tell me why i can post a reply but cant get to post a question, have beem trying for 5 hours since 7pm....?

cougar - I would be interested in the outcome of this

email me the result -

MOD

e mail in profile please

cougar said:
When I start my Glow Warm Mk2 Fule Saver, it fails to stay on after 3 mins when I start it. However If i try to fire it up straight way it would fail to start at all, but will start again when it has cooled and stay on for three minutes then stop.

If you have the fan flued version you may have a completely different fault. If a permanent pilot, firstly I would wonder why the overheat has not kicked in and taken the pilot out.

Has you found a man 'that can'?

New pump means nothing.
Blocked cold feed....BUT
on that boiler...take the heat ex out and clean thoroughly. D block in the garden works for me but Im sure other engineers will view it diffently.

I did clear one with a pressure gun once, and the fact I broke my daughters bedroom window left me with a sense of foreboding.

Any other plumbers used those?

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back