boiler fails to stay on after three minutes

"If you have the fan flued version you may have a completely different fault. If a permanent pilot, firstly I would wonder why the overheat has not kicked in and taken the pilot out. "

I thought the MkII had a fan (and a sequence board)

Sponsored Links
Don't think any of the mk2's had a fan. There was the B, BR, OF, and R versions, none of which were fan flued.

Having phoned a couple of customers who should know...

I'm not really any closer - some do, some don't

I think we'll have to ask the OP if his boiler has a fan or not

Sponsored Links
Almost certain you will find not...late 80s and early 90s the above models marked up as mk2s were all natural draught, the fan flued models were still simply called fuelsaver 45f (insert no as applic.)

No, it's not that simple

there are three basic Fuelsaver fans

the 30/60,

http://www.cetltd.com/default.asp?part=38

the 80 and the 100

and there are are more than one type of fuelsaver sequence pcbs

This is before you get into the F/s UFB etc ...

But, the fans mentioned above all have resettable thermal fuses in, and would precisely explain the OP's fault as described

Sorry, my post was confusing. I was referring to the fan flued versions which were available on the market at the same time as the mk2s.

Cougar, feel the pipes near to the boiler, do they get horrendously hot near to the boiler but cool only a few feet away? If so it's a lack of circulation thing (though not necessarily pump related).
An old colleague once told me the Glowworm Fuel/Space-saver has a strainer on the return pipe. Could this be blocked?
Has your heating / hot water stopped working?
Do you have 2-port valves, and are they opening when they should?

More info please...

I had the same problem the flue fan stops when it gets hot. Put a cheque in the post HEHE

it hasnt got a fan
Had to smile - always being told that boiler menders have said "It could GO at any time". Yours has?? That would make it hot.... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back