walls or floor first?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be tiling my bathroom floor and walls. What is best done first and the reasons why.
PS. there will be a new suite installed as well
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You havin' an argument with somebody about this?
Personally I'd fit the bath & shower, tile the floor, tile the walls then fit the sink and wc. Assuming you're tiling all the walls that is - otherwise, if the wc isn't going on a tiled wall then i'd fit that after tiling the floor.

Thanks for answering..... I agree 100% with you.but anyone else I have asked, "experts" of course, say walls first and when I ask why they just say thats the way its always done!

Anyone else have an opinion?
Mark

markmark said:
Thanks for answering..... I agree 100% with you.but anyone else I have asked, "experts" of course, say walls first and when I ask why they just say thats the way its always done!

Anyone else have an opinion?
Mark
Like any decorating, the ceiling, then walls, all the mess goes onto the floor from grouting etc then do the floor last, a lot cleaner this way

Sponsored Links
Dust sheets? If you drop wall tile adhesive on the floor, you're gonna have to shift it before you tile the floor anyway. :rolleyes:

in a wet environment, such as a bathroom, you should always tile and grout the floor first, regardless of the easy options.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back