VOKERA 24-96 BOILER REPLACEMENT

C

cabot

As the central heating boiler is getting on a bit (14 years)i thought i would replace the above boiler with a higher output boiler...........we have extended the attic.Could anyone recommend a replacement of similar or higher quality, and one which is not going to need repaired every 6 months.The current installation is working perfectly ok but i feel we need to replace it before any problems start to happen ............any suggestions?the house is 4 bedrooms/3 public and has 11 radiators what sort of cost should i be looking at and would i be better to buy it from the merchants myself and employ a fitter to install it?

Sponsored Links
Just because the boiler is 14 years old, why does it need to be replaced. Almost every day, I service overhaul these boilers. They go on for ever. Over engineered I would say. AND good acess to all parts when it needs attention.

Yes, listen to Danny above!

If you decide to buy a boiler yourself and get an ignorant and uneducated fitter to install it then you will be totally responsible for anything that goes wrong subsequently.

Much better to get quotes from heating engineers to specify and supply and fit a system to suit your requirements.

Unless you live in a VERY large mansion its unlikely that your current boiler will not have more that adequate heating output for your property.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Sorry i meant to explain i have a highly experienced Corgi registered heating engineer who is more than happy to replace the boiler.

I am sorry I did not word my previous reply very well.

Firstly your existing boiler can be repaired and is adequate for heating your property. Any competent boiler engineer can repair it.

Secondly, if you did decide to get a new boiler, it is industry practice for the person who supplies it to be responsible if it goes wrong within a reasonably guarantee period.

If YOU buy the boiler then YOU become responsible. If your engineer supplies the boiler to you then HE becomes responsible for it.

Tony

It don't need repairing Tony :LOL: :LOL: it works ok but the poster was worried it's not big enough. :cool:

correct,what can i change it for which is the same or better quality with a larger output? :oops:

Yours is already about 26 kw.

The maximum power combi generally available is only 35 kW. Whilst thats about 25% more power for hot water its not a spectacular increase.

The heating output is already adequate.

I doubt that any new boiler is going to be more reliable than what you already have.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back