How to set up reminders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Now I am fast approaching 40, my brain needs help.

How can I set up a system on my PC that will remind me every week to do something?

I have tried an e-mail reminder service but am not sure I can set it up to repeat the same reminder weekly.

Any ideas, folks?

Sponsored Links
If you have MS Outlook you can set up a re-occuring appointment.

File - New - Appointment

Enter subject title, time etc.

Click on the recurrence button and set your criteria.

i dont know how, because i have never used it, but outlook has a calender in it.

I used to ask someone at the office i was working for to set it up so they could tell me say next week @ xyz time dentist apointment

I think it was outlook :cry:

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
i dont know how, because i have never used it, but outlook has a calender in it.

I used to ask someone at the office i was working for to set it up so they could tell me say next week @ xyz time dentist apointment

I think it was outlook :cry:

This is the full "Outlook" that you get with the expensive MSOffice (and perhaps other MS software bundles); I use it at work a lot, it does Email and Calendar, if you start it up every day as a matter of course, it is very handy and can do appointments, meetings and room bookings in a corporate environment.

At home I use the free "Outlook Express" which as far as I can see only does Email and Address book, but comes free with Windows (or possibly with Internet Explorer)

you could always use post it notes, but dont get too caried away

IMG_0025.JPG

Talking about post-it: try this for your desk top. I use them daily. Just click on the name in brown: PostIt Software Notes Lite to start download and ignore the rest of the Dutch site ;) You can even set alarms on the notes

How about using your mobile, loads of them have calendars on them these days.

there is also an low-cost interactive portable disposable recyclable device called "a diary"

Eddie M said:
How about using your mobile, loads of them have calendars on them these days.

My old Nokia brick has 'reminder alarm' very useful too !! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back