Potterton suprima 80 loud shunting

raden wrote:

No, I'm picking you up for being sloppy

After writing this:

A dry joint is where the solder has not weet the surface of the metal when the solder joint is being made. It is completely different from cacked joints which are a familiar featu5e of any potteton board so ...

I don't nneed a crystal ball, you just need to use the correct terminology

"weet" ?
"cacked"?
"featu5e"?
"potteton"?
"nneed"?

Looks like being sloppy is contagious
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Please try to use the correct words in future ;)

Sponsored Links
"weet" ?
"cacked"?
"featu5e"?
"potteton"?
"nneed"?

did I type that ?

must be the beer in the keyboard (Rochefort #10 - 11.3%, very sticky)

It should at least qualify me for automatic CORGI registration

Typos are different from sloppy terminology

raden said:
...Bad boi - you really shouldn't have done that. You have repaired a pcb in contravention of CORGI's policy...

Have I missed something here? Are we now not allowed to repair things at all, rather than not allowed to "change the operation or design such that it may....compromise the safety....blah, blah".
Following the former train of thought to its conclusion should mean we shouldn't bend igniton probes back to meet their original spec, just keep buying new ones until one is found that does :!: :?:

Back to the original post, the banging is a sign that there is insufficient flow of water through the boiler. Try changing the pump speed to maximum as a first step, so that it has more starting torque. Does this lessen the frequency of these "banging" episodes?

raden wrote:
...Bad boi - you really shouldn't have done that. You have repaired a pcb in contravention of CORGI's policy...

Have I missed something here? Are we now not allowed to repair things at all, rather than not allowed to "change the operation or design such that it may....compromise the safety....blah, blah".
Following the former train of thought to its conclusion should mean we shouldn't bend igniton probes back to meet their original spec, just keep buying new ones until one is found that does

Following Agile's train of thought , no, according to CORGIs rules

AFAICS, if you know what you're doing, then yes - as I've been doing for 14 years

Sponsored Links
raden wrote:

AFAICS, if you know what you're doing, then yes - as I've been doing for 14 years

So how come you are allowed to do it, but i am aren't ?

Quote:

So how come you are allowed to do it, but i am aren't ?

Simple - You're CORGI and they frown on such things

I'm not and I turn over 1/3 millon doing it

I'm only responding to feedback from "you lot"

Thanks to all for your help with this, engineer is coming this week so I shall show him your replys and hope he doesnt think I doubt his expertise although when he said 'well I havent a clue now......' i was a bit worried. My apologies to scatmanjohn - this is my first time using DIYnot.com and I guess I must have done something wrong to post the query twice - must have had a blonde moment for a change :oops: Keep your fingers crossed guys I really hope this gets sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back