Creda w120vw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

recently this washing machine has started banging about when even a light load is in. I have checked inside and all springs seem to be inplace. The 2 shock absorber things are really spongy though - do I need to replace these?

Also the machine has started to trip the electric when the speed gets to a certain point and the banging is at its worst!

Thanks

Darren

Sponsored Links
Drum bearings have gone.

The drum will be banging around causing the noise,

It will be blowing the trip beacause the drum has gone through the heating element.

If under 5 years old then it is covered by Hotpoints 5 year parts warenty, but you will have to pay the labour of around £90

My machine displayed exactly the same symptoms. I removed the belt to check for free play in the drum (there was none) and since there was no sign of oil entering the wash I concluded that the drum bearing was fine.

I watched the machine in operation (with the top off) and observed that the shocks appeared sloppy. I wedged a punctured football under the drum and the machine now functions perfectly well. I've ordered new shocks (EUR 60ish), although I probably needn't have bothered.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back