BOSH WFL 2260 Not Rinsing well

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My three year old washing machine has worked well for a long time but now has started to leave powder on the clothes (staining / burning some black items). I think that it may be due to a lack of water in the rinse and wash cycles. Water level never reaches the door, only just wets clothes even on heavy washes. Have checked hoses and outlet an all ok. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Try checking the holes the water comes in through above the soap tray - they are prone to block with mouldy slime.

TrevC said:
Try checking the holes the water comes in through above the soap tray - they are prone to block with mouldy slime.

ANyone know hwy, I need to strip out my washer every year so it starts putting conditioner back in again!

Every year? Don't you clean the dispenser and drawer more often? It should be cleaned regularly.

Sponsored Links
Sleepyhead said:
Every year? Don't you clean the dispenser and drawer more often? It should be cleaned regularly.

Yes I clean the drawer regularly, but its the surround above it that "gels up"

The surround is the dispenser.
Water jets from it into the drawer, some soap and conditioner get splashed onto it, left uncleaned bacteria grows and results in mould and blockages.
When you clean the drawer, you should clean the dispenser. A babies bottle brush is good for this.

Sleepyhead said:
The surround is the dispenser.
Water jets from it into the drawer, some soap and conditioner get splashed onto it, left uncleaned bacteria grows and results in mould and blockages.
When you clean the drawer, you should clean the dispenser. A babies bottle brush is good for this.

Fair doos, think wife will do her nut of I rob our 2 month old babys brush for that job though!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back