UK Boiler thermostat replacement cost....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My plumber has just done my annual boiler service and told me my boiler thermostat needs replacing. Interestingly, a few days later there was water dripping from my expansion tank overflow. When I looked at the boiler the temperature setting was on max and the knob broken (he did mention the thermostat on the boiler was "stiff" but he didn't say he had broken it or left it on max). I used a pair pliers to turn the temperature down from max (setting above 5) back down to 2 and bailed out the excess from the expansion tank (and checked the problem was not the float valve).

The problem is still occuring and my plumber has quoted me £105 (inc parts) to replace the thermostat.

My question is, is that a fair price for the work?

I have a potterton prima C60 which was installed about 12 years ago and has been serviced every year.

Many thanks for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If its stiff it should be replaced and 105 notes is a very good price IMO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back