Halstead hot water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My halstead finest gold boiler once again is playing up .The hot water will turn on and get hot but as soon as it reaches temperature it turns off ,when the water goes cold again the boiler reignites and this will continue as long as the tap is turned on.It does not lock out just go off as if there is some kind of thermostat problem.I can see on the drawing there is a thermister which i assume is for over temperature but i have swapped this for the central heating one and made no difference.Would these thermisters cause this?.I have also changed the diaphram seal but made no difference.Any thoughts welcome please.[/b]

Sponsored Links
Sludge on the primary side of the secondary (ie Hot water) heat exchanger is the usual culprit.

I've also found partial blockages where the primary water enters the diverter valve. This port is on the front on this boiler, so easy to check once the boiler is drained.

Sponsored Links
Have got the same problem. Had a gas valve replaced in January and all was going well until recently the h/w seems to initially heat up to boiling and once it hits perfect temp it will then go cold again. Goes round this cycle but boiler does not lock out. Does this sound the same fault as above?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Also sounds like a blocked secondary heat exchanger!

Tony

Many Thanks.

Have an Engineer out today under my home emergency cover!

Many, if not most, "home emergency" policies do not cover problems due to dirt, debris or sludge in the system.

Start reading the small print!

Be aware that many of the people employed by the contractors who do the visits are quite inexperienced. We often get called to properly diagnose the fault when they have failed or when they say its not repairable and want to fit a new £3000 boiler for you !

Tony

Work for a leading insurance company so small print shouldn't be a problem!!

bearne1 said:
Work for a leading insurance company so small print shouldn't be a problem!!

Thats odd, I did not realise that you were in India.

So have they repaired it and what was the problem?

Tony

I am one of the only UK members left!!

Was a very small temp sensor (the more awkward one of the two) so all fixed and invoice being sent to the insurer. Investigation and replacement would have cost £230 allegedly.

The policy covers me for a job up to £500 and there is nil excess and unlimited number of claims. The chap who came out said that other policies cover 1 hours labour only, I would have no hot water or central heating if that was the case as the wages down here in the S-West are not that great!!

Tony

see forum rule 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back