Online Photo Prints (wierd sizes?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

can anyone tell me where i might be able to get some photos printed from my digital camera. I would prefer to do it online.
I have found several places that do this but i cant find the sizes i want my photos printing.

I have a multi photo frame with 3x4" and 2X2" photo sizes, these dont seem to be standard sizes.

Anyone help?

Sponsored Links
apart from google, why not print them yourself, that way they can be any size you like.

ive spent the last 30 minutes going round in circles with google, thats why i asked here.
Printing them myself is not an option as my printer only does black and white. Therefore to start printing them myself would cost 50 quid +. I only want 8 pictures doing! :D

Sponsored Links
get a good inkjet printer, I got an Epson R300, which also has a card reader. Amazing photo quality, prints on anything, and is less than £100 now. Use compatible inks, not genuine, or else it will cost £60 to fill with ink. I got 3 sets for £45 ;) :LOL:

vokera80e said:
Dazza Jones said:
Thanks but ive already tried them. Not the correct sizes. :(

Have you tried taking your card to asda ? they have a good set up.

Yeah I was in boots chem other day and watched in wonder as a bloke strolled in put his card in m/c and got 20 luverly prints out for £5.00 :eek: brilliant.

Have a read here ...
http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/digital-camera-pixel.htm

Probably, the aspect ratio for camera is 4:3 ( 3"x 4" ), SLR 'through the lense focusing type' would probably be 3 : 2.
2" x 2" will need to be 'cropped' or cut from a print, otherwise you would have to distort the image to fit the size.

The 'supermarket machine' sounds like a good shot for test purposes - extent of image on print etc.
-

reduce keeping same aspect and use a border is another way.

This may be a bit belt & braces, but how about making up a standard size white photo, with the bit you want then pasted on a 4" x 3" (or 2" x 2") section, and then trim it out manually ??

Just landed on this thread from google and thought I'd revive it from the dead!

@johnn_t is on the right lines, you want to convert the image so that you have another image ready to print at a standard size (6x4" a.k.a 10x15cm) ready for you to trim down yourself.

The maths is a little fiddly so I wrote a website that does it for you:

http://www.oddprints.com

Sorry it's a little spammy but I genuinely hope it helps others and you can use it completely for free (no ads or watermarks or any other evil rubbish!)

Cheers,
Matt

get a good inkjet printer, I got an Epson R300, which also has a card reader. Amazing photo quality, prints on anything, and is less than £100 now. Use compatible inks, not genuine, or else it will cost £60 to fill with ink. I got 3 sets for £45 ;) :LOL:

3 sets of ink for £45, and you think you got a bargain.

Lol, printer companies.

I got 10 sets of ink cartridges for £6 including postage, even then, the ink probably cost the seller about £1.

The key is to get a printer that uses non chipped cartridges, then it's easy to re-fill or get cheap knock-offs.

One of the problems with cheap replacement ink for printers is the prints seem to fade while you watch them. If that doesn't bother you then fine.
As already said the output from most cameras will need to be cropped to give a 2" X 2" print.

Sponsored Links
Back