Shower with a combi.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Once i have got over my problems with my Halstead boiler i intend to fit a thermostatically controlled Shower(or at least the wife does!).My concerns are that it wont keep a constant temperature when water is used elsewhere (washing machineetc).Are my fears confounded or is the salesman right .Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
A standard non storage combi is a one tap appliance. No shower can fix the fundamental problem with combis.

Thermostatic showers are great from a combi within it's performance criteria (1 tap at a time).

A "Pressure Balanced" shower mixer is supposed to be better (eg Mira), but PB is right on combis of course.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys .My boiler is still giving some problems and looks like the board is at fault (£280) so i may end up replacing it .Annoying really as it is only 4 years old but have concluded that halstead boilers not up to much.I have not looked at any but what do you reckon would be a good choice for use with a shower?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back