Prima F Boiler - how do I relight the pilot light?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I dont know how to relight my prima f boiler. The pilot light seems to have gone out and I never got a manual when I moved in. The house is freezing and the baby is going to suffer tonight if I dont get the light back on. The temp dial twisted and came off in my hand which hasnt helped. I have taken the lower plastic piece off to see into the boiler, but I am not sure what to press now. In the past I have experienced boilers where I had to hold something down for a certain length of time, but I am not sure with this boiler.

Any advice most appreciated!

Thanks,

Nick.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler has no permanent pilot light. Thats why you cant light it.

The over heat may have operated. Locate the reset through the bottom panel. ( to the right of the small panel which is opened to undo the screw to remove the bottom case).

Its brown and if that fails to operate boiler you will probably need a 'man that can'

David

Hi David,

Thanks for your speedy reply. How does this work? I located a hole just to the right of the bottom panel. Inside there is what looks like a phillips screw. To touch it, it is loose - I can push it and let go and it falls out a little. Do I need to hold this while twisting the temp guage? Should the temp guage be set to anything?

Again many thanks for your help.

Nick.

Your over heat is not at fault then.

Your boiler will light through the following sequence....

fan runs
Operates pressure switch
Power to pilot soleniod which opens
pilot lights
rectification allows main burner to light.

Its all done by circuitry on the Prima F.

It could be a failure of many things on your boiler.

Maybe you can start at the basics as I cant advise you working on your boiler unless your competent to do so. Fuse Ok?

And just one other thing...your FREEZING? My heating has been off for a month! Where are you that is cold!? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Overheat stat is near the front of the boiler underneath, I think you're looking at the screw to hold the lower plastic panel on! (that hasn't been done up)

Gas guru.... if this dude has confused a screw with a brown button Im shocked!

But....I think he has now ive re-read the post.

That really does confirm why you cannot give advise on NRGI taking their boiler to bits.

Nowt against you 'concept'.

David

Gas guru.... if this dude has confused a screw with a brown button Im shocked!

But....I think he has now ive re-read the post.

That really does confirm why you cannot give advise on NRGI taking their boiler to bits.

Nowt against you 'concept'.

David

Not meant to double post. Sorry.

The temp dial twisted and came off in my hand which hasnt helped.
If that has stuck at leftmost twist, then the boiler is switched off. Try pliers, withing reason!

OK, so I live in Woodley, Reading...but it feels damned cold tonight :)

boiler%201.jpg

boiler%202.jpg

The lmp button is the one I am pressing, but when take my finger away it just feels like it is going to fall out - I am not sure if this is how it always feels.

Are you saying that by pressing the red button the thing shut kick-start?

Thanks!

Nick.

I need to stick to computers.

Hi Chris,

I have turned the dial with pliars to the right - I can feel it "switch on." Should I just press the red button and all should come to life?

Thanks.

Nick.

OK boiler appears to be switched on and the "philips srcew" is the overheat stat has not popped out so assume no overheat.

Have you got power to the system?, with the hot water and heating selectors on the timeclock on constant do the lights come on.

If you can get hold of a pair of long nose pliers use them to grab the shaft of the broken knob and turn it gently. It's like a radio switch, first a click, then increasing temperature as you rotate further clockwise.

Is the timeclock running (clock turning, or digital display on)?
Does the pump run?
Does the heating / hot water system show any signs of life?

1/ Is the pump running

2/ is the fan running

3/ do you hear a "click, click click"
Ignore comments about not knowing about a "philips screw", you described it to the best of your ability - fair do's

CORGIs get wound up about the fact that they don't understand what a dry jint is

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all of your help yesterday. This morning I awoke to the heating coming on, got up and checked the boiler, and apart from the broken dial, all seemed to be working fine. This is strange because nothing we did would turn the boiler on yesterday, hence the cold water and no heating. So I must have done something to get it working, but I dont know what.

However, many many thanks for the help and advice. Great forums.

Nick.

If the synchron motor in the zone or mid pos valve is on its way out or the valve is partially siezed the valve may not fully open and then switch on boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back