En-suite waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm intending to install an en suite shower and hand basin. The waste run to soil stack works out at around 6m with a 90 degree bend in the middle. As far as I know 40mm waste is restricted to 3m runs, 50mm to 4m. What on earth is the solution apart from not doing it ???

Sponsored Links
You can fit an air admittance valve within 150 mm of the basin. This will stop any self siphonage problems. :D

Thanks for that. Must forgive me as I'm learning on the job so to speak. Just to clarify, will this valve allow me to run the 6 metre waste pipe to the soil stack ? Is there a maximum lentgh of pipe that can be run across an exterior wall ?

Sponsored Links
Or a Hep V O waste valve instead of a trap+ air valve ;) Go up to 50mm waste from 32 dropping from basin.......use access Tees @ change of direction and provide access to them ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back