HELP! Probs with 1 rad.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help i have always had a problem with 1 radiator upstairs i turn it on and i knocks out 1 radiator downstairs which means i can't have them on at the same time. i've Bled the system balanced the system the pump is running fine any ideas?? thanks. :confused: :confused: :( :(

Sponsored Links
Sorry to say if this is what happens, it isn't balanced.

Have you tried having the lockshield valve just barely open on the upstairs radiator, this will restrict the flow of water through it, allowing more water for the downstairs radiator. By the same argument the downstairs radiator lockshield valve may want closing a little.
I understand the best way to balance radiators is to fit pipe thermometers on the inlet and outlet pipes and adjust the lockshield so the temperture drop is 11 degrees centigrade.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Close the down stairs rad off both ends bleed the upstairs one close it , run the rest of the system, open the down stairs one at both ends slightly do the same with the upstairs one........hopefully you can balance the two to a happy medium.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back