Vaillant turbomax 282e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vaillant turbomax 282e. The fault is that the burner will not ignite. Whether its supplying hot water or heat, the extractor fan kicks in and the auto ignite clicks away for about 10 seconds. After that theres a red light which comes on (flame with line through) and all falls silent.

i've tried a new thermocouple.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Since your boiler does not normally have a thermocouple, I am left wondering what you did with a new thermocouple when you "tried it" ?

I assume that you are a man?

Tony

Give more info;

Press the information button on the front of the boiler,What code is displayed?

in the meantime do not try to repair,

and where did you put that thermocouple??

Sponsored Links
The combi boiler is at least 6 yrs old so there's no info button nor a display panel to show any codes. The thermocouple - which I now belive to be the flame sensor is now placed up the backside of the person who sold it to me!

I know its stating the obvious but the gas is on isn't it.

I've already had two customers on the phone this week that were adament the gas was on despite me showing them the card meter displaying OFF.

Might be worth checking the control valve near the meter - often get crap chucked on them partially closing them.

Yes I checked the gas, Done some checking on this forum and sounds it might be the gas valve solenoid or pcb. This sounds like a corgi job so i'll admit defeat. Almost arranged vaillant to come and have a look until they said it would cost £250.

could be differental valve, but not a job for the diy your making the right move getting vaillant in

"""I've already had two customers on the phone this week that were adament the gas was on despite me showing them the card meter displaying OFF. """

Its a common tactic for social housed tenants to call someone out to the boiler thinking they will get a free gas top-up!

Tony

Worryingly one of the tenants is a middle aged English teacher (and this was not the first time his gas card ran out)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back