ariston aib16 error code f-10...what does it mean?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone know what f-10 error code indicates?
last wash wasnt rinsed but did drain and spun a bit
now error code comes up within 1 minute of start
filters ok
any tips before fork out £90??!
thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Save your £90 and get yourself a bowl, a pair of big pliers or grips and follow my instructions.

UNPLUG THE MACHINE FIRST

The problem it the presure stat is not sensing, this is usually caused by the air trap being blocked.

You need to lean the machine back so you can get underneath it.

You need to follow the black rubber pipe that goes from the pump to the bottom of the drum and near the drum end you will see a branch off that has a white tube that runs up the side of the drum, You need to use your grips and release th clip that holds his pipe in place and remove it from the black rubber pipe. there is a small white hose at the top of the white tube too. release this too.

then wash it out in the sink.

Poke your finger down the rubber pipe to make sure this is clear too.

Reassemble and test.

Please let us know how you get on.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your advice. I struggled and found the white tube and released it at both ends - the hose at the top was black (but I don't suppose that makes and difference).

Question - am I supposed to disconnect the smaller hose at the top and wash it in the sink???? - I couldn't see where this was connected so I didn't risk it. If so I will have another go.

i washed the white tube and check the hose on either end as best I could - but with no luck!! Its still showing an F10 about 30 seconds into the cycle.

Sponsored Links
I had this same problem, f10 or f-10. The machine was very smelly also. We tried the pump hose, and a smelly piece of plastic was in there, removed it, and the machine no longers smells. Ran it again and again f10. We took off the top cover, and on the right hand side front was the pressure switch. We loosed it off the side and removed the small black hose and blew in to it until it clicked. Put it back in place. It now all works, no errors. Superb. I cannot believe how easy this was. By the way we did have a power failure about when the machine stopped working. Time til we fixed it probably ended causing the smell. Anyway, all cycles now working perfectly. I know this post is old but it is one of the few I could find for this machine. It is a Ariston AQ XXF front loader. Great machine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back