SIME SUPER 90 MK11 COMBI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got any ideas why i cannot start my combi? I turned off the power to it before going on holiday and cannot get it to work again.The green power lite is on,pump starts,extractor fan on,ignition clicks away merrily...then it cuts out and the red lite comes on.It was working perfectly before i turned off the power to the unit (for 4 days only)

thanx Deano

Sponsored Links
sounds like no gas or overheat trippped due to turning of boiler power as pump was running to remove excess heat heat exchanger.

Thanx for that-i removed the inspection cover exposing the burners and tried to lite it up.The burners ignited but on a very low flame.When i replaced the cover, effectively sealing the "combustion chamber",the unit died and as was before (it would not lite up)
As for overheating,the unit wasn`t in use (just domestic hot water)If there is a trip switch...where is it please?

regards Deano

sound like the gas valve needs setting up or there is a blockage in the flue/ faulty air pressure switch/ ionisation probes need setting up.

Recomend corgi engineer attend.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back