Digital shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of installing a new digital shower in my bathroom, posibly the mira magna. Does anybody on here have any thoughts on them?

Sponsored Links
Yes I fitted one a few weeks ago. Very good, has a feature where you go in press a button to preheat it, close door, it comes on and when water is up to temperature it lets you know and swithces off, you get in press start and have a lovely shower. The pump is plenty powerful. My customer said it was the best part of the whole bathroom.

Rather expenseive. I couldn't afford one on plumbers wages, you must be a teacher or a policeman are you?

Grohe do the same sort of item with remote control keypad if you want to be really posh. Again not cheap but work well and look fantastic. IMHO i think that they are just as good as the Mira range but others will disagree.

The only problem with the mira is finding space for all the components which allow for maintenance repair.

The cheaper power showers which are surface mounted are better from that point of view and would be perfectly adequate for me. Though I would favour the Trevi Boost because it doesn't require an electricity supply and I have found them to be an excellent company for back up. I had one customer with one that wouldn't fully shut off though it was five years old Trevi sent me the internals cogs and wheels foc I wnet and fitted them and it was working like new again. That is back up.

Anyway to be spending that much on a shower you must be obscenly paid or stupid so it won't matter if when it breaks you have to have the whole bathroom retiled again.

I'm only having a laugh with you you understand. It's a great shower but not necessary to spend that much to get a perfectly good shower. The Trevi Boost you understand employs the greater flow of your mains cold water to pull your gravity hot water through, the net result is as good as any power shower or combi, but not as good as an unvented system.

Come to think of it you can buy an unvented cylinder for less than that shower! But if you went unvented and are on a water meter your next question on here would be why is my water bill so high and why is there never any hot water after my teenage daughter gets out of the shower?

I have a landlord with an hmo of 5 rooms with one shower and five nubile young girls, one is a lap dancer one a model, you get the picture, the shower is never off. Aparently after 10 minutes it starts to go cold. I said to him so what are theyt doing in the shower that it takes 10 minutes? I thinkl I saw something on telly after 9 about girls and showers....

Sponsored Links
I'm a plasterer, so draw your own conclusions on the pay! ;) I'm not well up with plumbing but know I like a decent shower after a day on site. I'm on a combi boiler at the moment and most plumbers i come across say mira showers are the best. If i dont go for the magna can any of you recomend a good mixer shower that is nice and powerful.

I fitted an Aqualisa Quartz the other week & was quite impressed with it, dead easy to fit & the power was good on it as well. Screwfix are doing it for £479 with a free remote control so you can turn it on from your bed.
By the way the firm I work for charged the customer £1185 for it! & it didn't have the remote with it.

What you on about Paul anyway, the price the plumber has charged me to sort out my bathroom and en suite means he bathe in champangne! You plumbers always get the cream, thats why there is never any money left on the job for us plasterers!! :LOL:

He must be one of those plumbers who works out his bill by doubling what you pay for the stuff.

After much consideration I've decided against the digital shower. Can any of you recomend a decent thermostatic mixer shower??

You must be doing something wrong Macaroo - a plasterer I occasionally use charges around £300 a day (and his days are 8.00 till 3.00) way more than heating enginners can dream of.

He's normaly booked up for months, hence I do my own plastering now.

Considering how few tools and equipment are required plasterers earn more than any other trade and no assesment/corgi and other b*****s to deal with.

You can get that for foreigners but i sub contract for new house builders. Believe me there is no way you can earn £300 a day house bashing , no matter how quick you are. However you can work 24/7 if you want to and thats what keeps the prices down I guess. That still doesnt get me any closer to a decent shower to have!! :rolleyes:

Bristan bar shower is fine, 5 year guarantee. They even send a reasonable figure (30 quid) to the plumber for changing any parts needed over the 5 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back