socket spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im running a spur off a hidden socket low in the kitchen. ive used 2.5mm clipped but dont want to pass through the wall with the new cable to enter the existing box. Is there anyway i can make a front entry. PS does the spur have to be fused??

Sponsored Links
glen said:
but dont want to pass through the wall with the new cable to enter the existing box.

why not ? it will look nice and you have to make a hole somewhere. and so long as the origonal socket is on the ring then no fuse required (as you are using 2.5mm t & e

Even though the Regs do not (yet) require it, it is wise to run the spur off a Fused Connection Unit (unswitched one will do), in order to protect the spur cable from potential fault current.

Fused Connection Unit can be used as the Junction Box.

Millennium_Boy said:
Even though the Regs do not (yet) require it, it is wise to run the spur off a Fused Connection Unit (unswitched one will do), in order to protect the spur cable from potential fault current.

Fused Connection Unit can be used as the Junction Box.

are you on drugs?

Sponsored Links
ChrisRogers said:
you might be able to get some, but it might rip a hole in your pockets! check your stitching!!!!

i had a feeling he had lost something :LOL:

ChrisRogers said:
you might be able to get some, but it might rip a hole in your pockets! check your stitching!!!!

YES, have a look at your pocket(s), the stitching at the bottom might have disintegrated - unless you went for the one with an (1 piece) Join-Less pocket !!!! HA HA :D :D :D :D :D :D....

YES, have a look at your pocket(s), the stitching at the bottom might have disintegrated - unless you went for the one with an (1 piece) Join-Less pocket !!!! HA HA :D :D :D :D :D :D....

LOL, :eek: check!!

Millennium_Boy said:
ChrisRogers said:

OMG no! thank you so much for telling me this..you have saved my life..

like i care about my pockets, they can be repaired or i could even buy a new pair of trousers!!!

You foolish man - how could you buy a new pair of trousers if you had lost all of your money, recreational pharmaceuticals and marbles out of the pocket of the old pair?

Act now - reinforce your pockets with 7/.029 VIR before it is too late....

ban-all-sheds said:
Act now - reinforce your pockets with 7/.029 VIR before it is too late....

:LOL: :LOL:

just thinking, shouldnt that be done by an nic registered taylor

how would you know?, knowing the taylor he used a cheep un reenforced pocket! so he propbrably had lost his nic documentation! which means a pricy call yo the nic to confirm membership, by the time you have done this, you dont have enough for a one piece pocket!
beware the woes of using a two piece material people! the pocket police will be after you! you have been warned! :LOL:

sorry i was thinking more in the vain of M_B saying about type of taylor, not me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back