Dirty Dispenser Drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint Ultima WMM75 machine which is just over a year old. I use powder for washing and either Lenor or Comfort Fabric Conditioner.
The powder dispenser is absolutely disgusting with thick black gunky bits! It does not smell offensive, in fact it smells of powder/conditioner. However I would like to know what is causing this build up of horrible black bits.

Sponsored Links
sugarbabe61 said:
I would like to know what is causing this build up of horrible black bits.

its becasue you have not cleaned it

although it takes in hot water its cold for the conditioner, small bits stick to the plastic and turn mouldy.

Oh dear how embarrassing :oops:

Thing is though I have had a number of washing machines before and never had this problem. I did actually clean out the drawer a few months ago but it has quickly got really dirty again.

So is it the fabric conditioner casuing this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it is the conditioner that causes it. its quite common and also common for people not to know they should clean the soap drawer.

I used to work for HP, sometimes you could cut slices of old soap / conditioner out from under the drawer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back