Bath Mixer Tap Problem - no hot water flow!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help me!

I have a mixer tap with a shower attached on the bath. Last week I noticed that the hot tap flow had started to reduce and it is now at a complete trickle only! The other hot taps in the house remain fine - all served from the same supply.

The cold tap runs fine from mains pressure.

Does anyone have any idea what it may be. I have had not work done on the hot plumbing but did have an internal water meter fitted just before this started to happen (probably just a co-incidence)!.

Any suggestions would be great. I do live in a very hard water area so am wondering if it is limed up in the pipe - if so what can I do about that?

Thanks

Kate

Sponsored Links
First action is to turn off the hot water and remove the bath tap hw valve. Briefly let the hw run and see what comes out, then inspect and clean the valve as it's probably blocked with scale.
As your other hw taps flow normally it is unlikely the DHW cylinder outlet is scaled-up, nor the secondary HE if you have a combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back