Shower - hot water plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently installed a new Mira Event XS power shower into my upstairs bathroom. When in use for the first time each day, there is intermitant \\\'surging\\\' noise as the water feeds through the pump. Happens for a few moments then the full flow is on. I assume air must be getting into the supply pipe.
I have connected the cold water plumbing directly to the cold tank in the attic. So the problem must be from the hot water plumbing/supply - also from the attic. The hot water tank is in the \\\'airing cupboard\\\' at the top of the stairs.
Should I look for an alternative hot water pipe to take the supply from? Which and why?
TIA for any info to resolve this.
:?:

Sponsored Links
Hi
Did you fit a Surrey?York flange to the top of the hot tank :?: The Surrey/York flange draws from below the airiated heated water.
Alternatively an Essex flange can be used but a hole as to be drilled in the side.
To see for youself go to www.bes.ltd.uk

Hope this helps

Thanks for reply. I understand from your suggestion that I need to consider buying a flange. - Then having disconected/cut pipe coming out of hotwater tank, insert the flange and run off my shower connection from there.
It will mean routing the new pipe up into the loft and then across down into the bathroom to the shower unit.
Does this sound right? :)

Sponsored Links
Hi.
I'm just about to install a pump for a power shower. I've bought a York flange which together with the 3/4 inch to 22mm compression adaptor cost about £40. You drain the hot tank, then unscrew the fitting in the top. The York flange fits in it's place and then the original fitting goes into the York flange. The other outlet from the York flange goes to the pump. It says on the pack that it will cope with up to 3 Bar pumps. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back