rads on when not required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can answer this for me! I'm starting to learn some of the basics following a long saga that I won't go totally into! :eek:

We have a Danfoss Randall HSA3 actuator on a 3 port mid position valve. Due to problems in the past of the hot water not heating, then boiler not lighting at all, we have already had the programmer replaced (now Centaurplus C27) and a new pcb in the boiler (Halstead Best 50). The latest problem in the long saga is that whenever the programmer calls for hot water, the system is also sending hot water through the rads. When this happens there is an audible ticking coming from the actuator. It doesn't matter whether the CH is switched on timer or off completely. No ticking if we switch CH on when HW is off.
We have already had the wiring checked by another sparky and have been told it is right. (however he now seems to have abandoned us!) Is it likely to be the motor itself in the actuator? If so, is it pretty easy to change it? I've had a quick peek and it is a screw on type, not riveted!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
HEAD IS EASY TO REMOVE AND SWAP.ISOLATE POWER REMOVE TWO SCREW HOLDING HEAD IN PLACE SWAP WIRE FOR WIRE ,JOB DONE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back