Copper pipes into solid floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK...HERE GOES....
I need to move a radiator but the only way to locate it where I want it is to sink the pipes into the concrete floor. If they're kept away from the infilled concrete (larger plastic pipe?) is there a problem? :LOL: :evil:

Sponsored Links
Inside a suitable plastic duct is fine or you could use foam pipe insulation treaded on to the pipe and well taped at its joints.

No problem burying pipework in concrete provided you allow for expansion and protect it from corrosion.

Personally I use hairfelt lagging and then wrap with wide PVC tape - far less messy then using Denso tape.

I just had a boiler moved in a house which involved rerouting the gas pipe. Corgi bod ran the pipe inside solvent weld plastic waste pipe before we poured the floor. Very tidy.

Sponsored Links
I just had a boiler moved in a house which involved rerouting the gas pipe. Corgi bod ran the pipe inside solvent weld plastic waste pipe before we poured the floor. Very tidy.

Do you mean he used yeller plastic pipe ?

bogstandard said:

You thinking what I'm thinking :LOL:

Wonder if the duct is vented both ends as well. :rolleyes:

bogstandard said:

I'm sorry, I have no idea what yeller means - is that a pipe that gas fitters shout down to save on phone bills?

So what pipe did he use keyplayer and is the duct vented both ends or do we have another front page story in the making

keyplayer said:
HOLD THE PAGE!!! coz I couldn't care less.

Pays ya money and takes a chance comes to mind.

Free world mate your choice, only trying to be helpfull :LOL:

doitall said:
Pays ya money and takes a chance comes to mind.

Free world mate your choice, only trying to be helpfull :LOL:

I wasn't actually seeking any help. And what do you mean "takes a chance" ? Isn't the whole point of using a corgi registered outfit to eliminate risk taking? Ordinarily I would have no qualms about rerouting my own gas pipes and wouldn't use this method. (32mm marley pipe I think it is, didn't look too closely, and yes open at each end) However, as I am renting the property long term to the council they insisted I do it "properly" and use one of their listed contractors. So all legal and above board, and if the place blows up and takes the councils tenants with it then it's out of my hands. I'm sure it will be fine though, just another bit of unnecessary scaremongering this forum's so fond of.

That's right, to quote my tenants : -

"He gave us somewhere to stay when no-one else in Britain would rent to Polish plumbers"

:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back