Quote from BG for new boiler.Don't know if it's justifiable!

Ok sorry

raden said:
I'm not and I turn over 1/3 millon doing it

I'm only responding to feedback from "you lot"

Memory ain't what it used to be.

Sponsored Links
Right, I've ordered a new DV. They're about £24 + VAT from BES - I know it isn't genuine Sime but the feeling from these forums is that they're up to the job.

Having said that, I fitted a new BES DV last November - it looks like I got it from a dodgy batch because the CH was still heating up when I ran the DHW - someone else on these forums got one around the same time and had the same problem.

Yes, I could have taken it back - there were a couple of problems with this though. Firstly, I'm in Manchester and BES are in Birmingham. I also threw the old DV away as soon as I'd fitted the new one. Even though the new DV wasn't 100% perfect, it was a massive improvement over the old one (the old one was so knackered that it didn't activate the microswitch when running the DHW). And finally, being my first DV fit, it wasn't the most straightforward of jobs and at the time I couldn't be @rsed.

Getting a quote well in excess of £3000 kind of gives me more inclination to explore the £25 new DV route again first.

I was (naively perhaps) expecting a new boiler install to cost me approx £1200 - £1500, and then I was (very naively) expecting the £300 trade-in reduction. £1200 - £1500 for a new, economic, small, guaranteed boiler would have been fine - £3498 isn't.....

I see what the new DV install brings....

Bob

I to have your problem had bg round said exactly the same to me...need to replace the pipes etc etc my quote was 3051 with the 300 off i thought it was alot to but am going ahead i think they are reliable if there is any future probs plus boiler is covered and they give a years cover plan free

Sponsored Links
ollski said:
holybob said:
>>lol, but you asked them for a quote

Bob, you asked for and got a quoting engineer, when you actually wanted a breakdown engineer. Bg also use a servicing engineer and an installation engineer :D
and a condom fitting engineer, to teach the fitters..............all these engineers must explain the overheads therefore the cost..........oh ,and the shareholders..tell Sid, won`t you :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back