Boulter Buderus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just ordered a Boulter Buderus Combi, looking at their website it says mains water in fitting, on jig is 22mm , plumbing 1st fix has been done and mains water to boiler is 15mm,
Do I need to go back to stop tap and change to 22mm??

Sponsored Links
Depends on the flow rate as well as pressure..

Have you tested the mains yet

In that case check with the manufacturer that 15mm will be ok for your needs

pssssssssss was playing with your model boiler at a training centre a while back, well impressed. :cool:

Sponsored Links
I do have to wonder why a conbi boiler has apparently been chosen when the mains pressure and flow rate have not been checked yet.

As an aside, relative to the meeting at that training center, has that organisation negotiated a special FGA calibration deal for members yet? Our FGA has just had the O² sensor fail.

Tony

Agile said:
I do have to wonder why a conbi boiler has apparently been chosen when the mains pressure and flow rate have not been checked yet.

As an aside, relative to the meeting at that training center, has that organisation negotiated a special FGA calibration deal for members yet? Our FGA has just had the O² sensor fail.

Tony

I did say that the flow rate and the pressure is very good.also the property is a new build next door to my present home which has had a Combi for the last 18 years,

Well, it will probably be alright but modern combis are usually sized to heat more water than older 24 kW models.

I would never even quote for fitting a combi unless the mains pressure and flow had been measured. I would wish for a minimum of 20 litres per minute open pipe flow from a 15 mm tube.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back