steel bath - plastic legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the plastic legs which came with my bath do not appear to fit - following instructions, they don\\\'t sit flat on the floor and there is very much movement, and one looks cracked.

my question - is, is there any reason why i should not use the legs and frame from the old plastic bath with a steel bath?

the new bath does not have a flat bottom. so i was thinking of hanging it on the old frame, filling the tub, then glueing the plastic feet in for extra support.

any suggestions? tell me i\\\'m a fool - i can take it!

Sponsored Links
If you have purchased a bath from a store and it doesn't sit on the floor then the shop surely have supplied all the necessary fixings and stand? ... surely !!!

surely they would have supplied the proper fixings - my thoughts exactly. however, they don't fit. unless i'm being very very daft and missing something - possible, but i keep fiddling, and THEY DON"T WORK.

maybe i'm a complete idiot, but i keep looking at the whole assembly thinking "there is no way i would trust this to stay together".

and, no, i can't go back to the shop.

looking for another option - as i don't fancy tumbling around in a slippery slippy tub.

Whats the make and model of bath? ... can you post some pictures of your problem?

Sponsored Links
Have often considered bath legs inadequate and resorted to sheets of ply, 4 x 2 and folding wedges, and mucho Gripfill.
The fw's are the key, ask if you dunno what they are.

so what's a folding wedge, then?

i'm imagining you talking about using the ply held by wedges to hang the tub on???????

no, can't do pictures.

You just hust have to support the base really, like the feet would have. Saw up some 4" x 2" and wedge under ply under the base. The edges of the bath can be gripfilled to the wall(s).
Bash the wedges until it's level. Clever bit with fw's is that the surfaces stay parallel.
Foldinwedges.jpg

ahhh...folding wedges...elegant and simple!

except - a stupid question from an extreme novice - once i have me bath in place, and can no longer easily access the wall side of things - how do i stop the wedges from slipping off eachother? gripfill and wait? bruised knuckles and alot of swearing?

apologies for my ignorance......and thanks for replys.

I have always preferred building a strong timber frame for the bath to sit on regardless of the legs.

You can utilise ChrisR's folding wedges under the bath so that the base of the bath is supported.

:D :cool: :D :cool: :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back