Flowrate on mains shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What approximate flow rate would a shower such as this be capable of delivering:

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/sp_showitem/2849

I expected around 15 l/m, but a colleague has suggested that they may be much higher (around 28 l/m). Can't find contact details for the manufacturer. Trying to size up for an unvented cylinder...

Ta

Sponsored Links
Would that be the colleague who doesn't have a shower in his bathroom? ;)

I've come across some quite restrictive bar mixers like that (eg Grohe) which only allow about 15l/min at 3 bar. Some of the big heads really need about 40...
Depends a bit on the pressure of the mains or the p red v on the unvented cylinder. Oso 2.3 bar unless you get a special valve, Megaflo about 3.

Thanks Chris,

Mains is approx 2.5 bar working pressure, minimum of 22mm pipework from stopcock up to shower, then reducing to 15mm. Cylinder is a Range Tribune HE, P red V set at 3 bar for these I think.

Thought that a 150 l capacity cylinder might just do it but if the flow rate is over 15 l/m then it'll have to be bigger methinks....

Are there any other of this type of shower with integrated diverter that people would reccommend? I'm loathe to tell this guy to go with an unbranded one such as the one in the link...

Sponsored Links
Try grohe, mire, bristan ?

Reckon on using 1 x cold plus 2 x hot, so for a 22.5 l/min shower that's 10 minutes, and for a 15l/min it's 15 minutes from 150l.
Water would be reheating in each case. So not so bad if only one shower.

Does the Tribune have a high transfer coil, say 20kW?
10 l/min at 50º rise (you might be taking out) is 35kW. So the heating up during the shower, is significant.

18.9kw coil, reheat time 15 mins.

Suppose if the programmer is set correctly then even if 2 showers taken one after another, the second one should be hot by the time its taken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back