Indesit W161 error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got an Indesit W161 which has decided to go into error condition after the main wash cycle. It washes and drains OK but the pump keeps running as if it still has water in it but the drum is empty. The pump carries on for about a minute then the program dial starts clicking round. The power light has a flash cycle of 10 flashes. Any ideas what this error code is indicating? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Fixed this one myself but thought I'd post the answer for anyone else: I found on another site that 10 flashes means the pressure switch might be faulty. Anyway, drained the machine down, tipped it over at 45 degrees and removed the pump, cleaned out all of the gunge in that, then removed the main drain pipe that connects to the drum outlet/pump. This has a plastic ball in it about 2" diameter. (Thought it was the one out of the soap holder at first!!) Lots of gunge in the pipe - needed cleaning. Then changed the air pipe that connects from the pressure switch down to the drum. (found some spare car screen washer pipe in the garage that fitted perfectly)

Started up, filled, washed, drained, spun - all ok now. Hope this helps anyone else.

Hi

Mine is a WIL123S (no mechanical dials, and different light combos for erros instead of flashing patterns but very similar machine)

Mine stops after draining and wont spin, and the pump keeps on going 'chug chug chug'. Is that the sound of it pumping air?

instead of flashing 10 times, I get the 'delay timer' button flashing
or 'LED1' if any engineers are reading.

anyway, i will try your method and post back with the results.

thanks for trying to help people out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back