New World Apex 500 Gas Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old New World Apex 500 Gas Cooker that's served me well over the years, but a couple of days ago it stopped coming up to heat, regardless of what gas mark I put it on.

My very amateur guess is that the thermostat has gone. Would it be possible and/or worth trying to get a replacement fitted, or shall I just fork out and buy a new cooker? Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
I think the New World Apex is a good cooker, and I would certainly enquire from a local Corgi installer about the price for replacing the thermostat. Would probably give you several more years of wear.
Nowadays, this type cooker with an eye level grill is not so popular, slot in cookers with a fold down glass lid seem to be in more demand. But they are not as easy to use as a cooker like the Apex, I would certainly have it repaired if it was mine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back