Zanussi dishwasher not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 3 year old Zanussi dishwasher and the water is not draining. I took apart the parts at the bottom of the inside and cleaned the parts and removed some debris such as cellophane and food. I then put on another wash but the dishwasher still does not drain properly. Any ideas anyone?

Sponsored Links
Debris stopping the pump running, pump impellor stripped or blockage in the hose / drain.

Thanks Sleepyhead. I have had a look underneath and there are 2 plastic hoses, both with sediment in them. Unfortunately access to the hoses is difficult and one presumes that these machines were not designed to be repaired. I don't have big hands, but there is not much room to work in. The dishwasher is now upside down in our dining room.

Sponsored Links
You need to take the circulation motor out and check the front impellor. If it's worn away it won't pump out.
There are two impellors on the pump. The motor runs one way to circulate and reverses to empty. Normal problem on these is the front impellor gets damaged (fins stripped) and can't pump out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back