Java

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some time ago now, before i realised this brilliant website existed, I had a problem with my PC in which I was hit with a virus. I cannot remember all the nasty particulars but since I couldn't afford to send it anywhere to be fixed, I decided to access the internet, look up the particular virus and do a manual step by step guide to its removal.
I can now see why they suggest manual removal to be dodgy in some cases.
I did everything they said and found a programme file that was to be deleted and after doing this, found that it looked very similar to the one that was underneath it, given it had one digit indifference. That was also the one I had to delete.
So, that file has gone and now i'm left with no Java. Ok, tell a lie, I have Java, but only in certain applications. The main one that was affected after the deletion was Yahoo games where it just won't entertain the Applet server ? and Yahoo pagebuilder where it keeps prompting me to turn on Java. Thing is, I've looked into this and Java is enabled in all areas, yet still I can not access these applications.

I'd like to know how to access the hard drive to retrieve this file.

Any Ideas ?. Your help is appreciated, Many Thanks, Paul

Sponsored Links
Sorry, computer thick here. :LOL:

It obviously can be done ??
It was part of the computer anyway, so I didn't have to install it first time round. I went to the Sun Java site and installed theirs but it makes no difference :eek:

I know this may be a supid question, but any idea on the procedure on how to do it ?.

Cheers :cool:

If you have Java installed - M$ or Sun...

T0_-1_1386249.jpg

No promises, but check out the java tick box .... There could be two, one for M$ the other for Sun.
<Internet Explorer> <Properties> <Advanced>
;)
Also :-
Internet Explorer 6.X
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
3. In Internet Options dialog box select the Security tab.
4. Click Custom level button at bottom. The Security settings dialog box will pop up.
5. Under Scripting category enable Active Scripting, Allow paste options via script and Scripting of Java applets
6. Click OK twice to close out.
7. Click Refresh.
:eek:

Sponsored Links
Hi Empip.

It looks familiar, i think ive been in these before, but i checked again anyway.
All okay, all enabled.

??

This may not be related, but, on my Win98se setup BTYahoo BB Help requires M$ Java ... I do not know what the situation is with XP ...
This what I get on attempted install of that Help :-

Bt-Ms-Java.jpg

I have not installed M$ Java I use Sun and some while ago removed M$ Java.

I was able to play Sudoku at yahoo games, therefore if Sun Java was required for that - it certainly worked...
Yahoo Games Help said:
..Sun is the creator of Java, and their plug-in will allow you to play Yahoo! Games...
It transpires Sun or M$ Java will work.

Have you checked if settings ok at <ControlPanel> <Java> ??

I guess you have looked here :-
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/games/games-09.html
:?:

Back