Awful grinding noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I hope someone can help, I have had my hotpoint ultima now for 2yrs and today it has started making an awful grinding noise, when starting the machine and during the cycle, the clothes still wash fine and the drum goes round fine, I haven\\\'t lost any loose bra wires and there was no noise on the drum when I turned it, does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Sponsored Links
Either something caught between the inner & outer drums, worn bearings or broken spider.
If you tip the machine forward against a wall with the power off you can remove the sump hose from the underside of the machine and check for debris. Its easier to see debris by removing the element but there are a sod to get back in on these machines

If its bearings/spider you need an enginner, expect to pay £100-£180

======================
Please note forum rule 9

Thankyou for your help, it was a lolly stick stuck in the pipe, machine works wonderfully again now :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back