Ariston Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is this-
Run hot water, pilot light fires up, ignites the gas, then dies. Will do this 6 or 7 times before staying on.
When the heatings on, it will do the same, but stay on for a 30 seconds then die. Tries then to reignite.
Any idea? It NEVER happens when the engineers been out, but its getting worse so will have the engineer out soon.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if you're telling us the behaviour is the same or different depending on whether it's CH or HW.

Model would help...

sounds like on dhw it doesnt prove the flame but on heatg it fails further on, so it is probably the same fault for dhw not flame proving fault.

Might it be thermister? If 'tis a model with one thermister it could be, or could be plastic temp control knobs broken and pots have got adjusted to lowest setting whatever you do (I've had this before). A hydraulic problem enough flow to trigger flow sensor but doesn't shift water away from heat ex quick 'nuff. PCB fault. If it were me I'd be stood in front of it talking to Ariston.

Sponsored Links
I dont know why you would want to be distracted and waste money calling Ariston, Paul.

Seems a clear case of a fan/venturi/aps problem and a CORGI would remove the combustion door and see if that made it stay on to confirm.

Tony

remove the combustion door and see if that made it stay on to confirm.
:eek: Could be very "unfortunate" advice, depending which ariston it is. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back