oil fired boiler, sequence of operation

Yes the coupling is ok, no signs of damage or wear.

Sponsored Links
Remember you only have about 3-5 seconds to measure anything when the coil is powered as it shuts off if no flame detected within a few seconds.

I suppose if you want to be really dangerous and have no oil coming through then you could shine a torch onto the photocell to simulate a flame and give yourself more time to fiddle. But have some method of closing oil or mains power. I am not recommending that you actually do that!!!

Tony

Noticed you had a new photocell recently. A long shot but you could try checking all the connections are good and tight in the base of the control box. I went to one recently which someone else had worked on and several of the wires were loose.Isolate the appliance from the electric first.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to all who took the trouble to post replies and not get the courtesy of a reply. Had a few holidays and really forgot about it until 2 weeks ago as got cold one night. Took one posts advise and called my service engineer to it. On the day of visit he phoned and refused to come out as it was too old, didn't want to get involved with fault finding and wanted to sell me a new boiler. 2 other engineer didn't want to touch an old boiler either.
New neighbour said he would have a look as in Merchant Navy and knew a bit about boilers. 10 minutes to locate the fault and 20 minutes to repair.
HT leads from transformer cracked and arcing to casing of burner unit, hence locking out.
I know that anyone who takes the trouble to respond to peoples cry for help like this is not the 3 engineers who I called for help.
just thought you would like to know cause of my problem, thanks again to all who took trouble to respond.

Please post details of the three gits who were too incompetent to fix a problem, and too dishonest to say so. I think we should be told.

Go on then, indulge yourself. If not, set up an email account on some free provider and send me an email. Why do you feel the need to be nice to frauds? Come on let's give them some fun :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back