2.8 kw ovens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your help boys, much appreciated.

Hi, I wish to buy/install a basic built in electric oven, but it has to be a \\\"plugs into a 13A socket\\\" type. i believe these to be rated up to 2.8 KW. Problem - I can\\\'t find any. Does anyone know of any makers/models?
Ta : :?:

Sponsored Links
You can't have tried very hard I would guess 85% single ovens will only require a 13a supply. you will not however find a double oven that doesn't req at least 20a supply and mostly 32a.

best way to go about it is get down currys and look at SINGLE ovens, with no bells and whistles, just basic oven/grill, where only the OVEN or the GRILL can be used at any one time (most single ovens are like this). Take the maximum element power, this is the maximum rating of the appliance. up to 3kw is the max for a 13A plug.

You do mean "oven" not "cooker" don't you?

The ring/hob/top take a lot more power than the oven. Only a small "bedsit" coooker with one or two rings will run off a plug and socket.

However, if you have a gas supply, you can get some very good dual-fuel cookers with a gas hob and an electric oven (which gives you the best combination of cooking methods) and will run off a 13Amp plug.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back