no hot water, no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have no hot water coming from my taps and the radiators are not heating up. When the boiler is turned on it makes a kind of rattling buzzing hum (i have no idea about this sort of thing). There is a sticker on the boiler that says the pressure should be at least 0.7 bar, and the pressure gague reads 1.5. The boiler is a gloworm swiftflow with an SIT valve. I dont know how old it is, however i've lived here for 3 years and its been here that long and was last serviced when I first moved in. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Coulld be your fan, greg. Seriously! After checking the pressure, which you've done, how involved do you want to get? You'd need a multimeter and the manual.

Thanks for replying.
I'd ideally like to be as little involved as possible!! Is there any kind of quick fix for this?
Don't have the manual for it - wasn't here when we moved in.

Greg

Sponsored Links
yes pilot is alight. Tried resting it but turning it off for a day but made no difference

Greg

gregfan said:
...I have no hot water coming from my taps...
I suppose you mean "I have only cold water coming through the hot taps", which is entirely different from your statement.

The swiftflow is getting old now, the noises suggest the fan has seized and you'll need a CORGI fitter to replace it and perform the necessary safety checks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back