Pressure Dropping Constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi Combi 105E. The pressure is constantly dropping to zero. Still fires up the CH though when turned on. If its repressurised it\\\'s fine for a while but then eventually drops to zero again. Hot water & CH still working at moment.
Is this a problem with the expansion vessel? How is it replaced? :(

Sponsored Links
I cant help you but I've got exactly the same Baxi boiler and I think I'm having exactly the same problems with mine.
There is hot water but the pressure keeps dropping down to zero.
Ours is also making weird gurgling and hissing noises when it fires up.
Somebody should be able to answer soon I hope. :(

First read "boiler pressure problems" in the FAQ section. COUld be a P Vessel problem , or "just" a leak.

ChrisR said:
First read "boiler pressure problems" in the FAQ section. COUld be a P Vessel problem , or "just" a leak.

Nil problem with P vessel & definitely no leak. Definitely have the same problem as Glassman.

Sponsored Links
Nil problem with P vessel & definitely no leak. Definitely have the same problem as Glassman.

ok, how do you know there is no problem with the expansion vessel, and also do you know for certain there is no leak, cause the water has got to be going somwhere.......

have you checked you presure relief pipe (will go out through wall, dose it drip), loosly tie a plastic bag around it to see if you get any water caught in it.....

if its not this, then you must have a leak!!!!!

Roker said:
I have a Baxi Combi 105E. The pressure is constantly dropping to zero. Still fires up the CH though when turned on. If its repressurised it\\\'s fine for a while but then eventually drops to zero again. Hot water & CH still working at moment.
Is this a problem with the expansion vessel? How is it replaced? :(
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM IT WAS EXPANSION VESSEL LEAKING ON SEAM, BUT YOU SHOULD BE FINDING WATER BY BOILER IF THE SAME PROBLEM :

You may well have a micro-leak on your heating system. When the system heats up the water in the pipework expands causing even greater pressure within the system. Small leaks either on valves or pipework joints will allow a small amount or water to escape, however, because of the heat and the slow rate at which the water is escaping it will evaporate and therefore won't leave the usual damp tell tale signs. The summer season may help confirm this, as the heating will be off and the pressure will be reduced, therefore, the need to top up the system will stop or be required at less regular intervals. The only way to find the leak(s) is to carry out a bit of detective work and check all accessible points looking for signs on evaporation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back