ATAG combi boiler error (advice please)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help.

I have an ATAG bleuwe engel II combi boiler.

An error keeps popping up on the boiler display as Err 02.

In the booklet it says ignition error, no flame forming.

Now if I press reset the boiler then comes back on. But not always, some days it lets me have my hot water and heating other days it will just keep kicking back into error mode no matter how many times I reset.

Now I called a corgi chap my dad uses, he tells me he cannot help as he has never heard of ATAG boilers and wouldn''t want to fiddle with a boiler he has no experience with. He advises I get insurance.

So I call the company he works for, good value and suchlike. Only to be told that they do not cover this make of boiler. :(

My last hope is to call the UK ATAG office and get them to give me a dealer number, and maybe see if I can get insurance that way.

I was hoping to use someone I could trust, I really do not want to get someone out of the phonebook that says they can fix the problem but hasn't the foggiest really.

Does anyone know of a corgi boiler chap that is in the Herts area (I am in Hemel Hempstead) and has knowledge of ATAG boilres that could help?

Or has anyone had the same boiler with err 02 appear?

Many thanks

Moogie x

Sponsored Links
Has the gas or power been interupted.

The boiler has a brain which will self diagnose and attempt a repair.

Switch the boiler off electrically for 5mins, then switch back on on and leave it to go through the system check etc.

You can access the information in the display if you hold a University degree in rocket science :rolleyes:

Tony Argile services is not far from you, about the only guy I would recommend other than Dan Robinson

Rebooted boiler like you said.

Still pops up with Error 02.

I called ATAG UK today and they are going to get a local chap to call me to arrange a service.

Chap at ATAG said that the error usually pops up when it needs servicing.

So am waiting for a call which will prolly be Monday now. :(

Tony Agile posts on here doesn't he?

Tony if you are reading this do you have any advice?

Moggie x
(aka nice lady aged 29 from herts who is rather fed up with her boiler)

We look after 5 lpg models the same as yours in Fingest, problem is I'm not in the area for several months.

Look up Tony and send an email or send one to me and I'll pass it on.

Sponsored Links
Moogie said:
Rebooted boiler like you said.

Still pops up with Error 02.

I called ATAG UK today and they are going to get a local chap to call me to arrange a service.
Moggie x
(aka nice lady aged 29 from herts who is rather fed up with her boiler)

I'm not sure who covers that area. My area is Cambridge, but I am actually visiting Harpenden on Monday and installing an Atag boiler in Watford next week :)

chap from ATAG (his name was Wayne Herbert) said that David or Simon would call me.

But they didn't :(

Moogie said:
ohh so you will be in the area then. :)

Wayne probably didn't give you my number as Im not in the immediate area. The only way I could do it would be Tuesday pm after visiting the other job in Watford. Send me an email and I will give you my mobile number.

Hi Moogie, did you get your problem resolved in the end?

Do you have any feedback on what it was and what was the damage(cost) if any?

Im not far from you (Dunstable) and considering getting an ATAG as part of a system upgrade, but also finding it difficult to find installers who are accredited or comfortable using that brand.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards

Hum

Hi Humour,

You had two makes on your shortlist in another post. Try the other one. You can't do better!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back