Vokera Linea 28 combi-boiler - Pressure dropping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
First ever post and don't know very much about plumbing so please go easy on me - thanks.

I have a problem with my boiler, the pressure keeps dropping from 1.5 bar to zero-this can happen several times a day. I am assured that we have no leak in the pipes (we have had people in with water metres etc).

I have noticed that when I turn a hot water tap on the pressure gauge drops (by about 0.5 bar), when the tap is switched off the guage rises but not as far as it was before. Should the gauge move when the hot water is switched on. Any ideas???

Thanks for your time and (hopefully) help.

Sponsored Links
Check the safety valve pipe isn't dripping - (normally a 15mm pipe) - should be found on the outside wall near the boiler.

Hi Gasguru

Thanks for replying so promptly.

The pipe does not appear to be dripping - it has (surprisingly) been dry here for a day or so and I have been checking it regularly. I could try to put a container under it and hope the rain stays away for awhile but I am pretty certain that it will be dry.

If the boiler is relatively new isolate the flow and return valves - you can then see if there is a problem with the boiler or the pipework and rads.

we have had people in with water metres etc

Never used a water meter to find a leak on a radiator circuit - use the proper tools, hands and eyes. Check radiator valve spindles, compresion nuts etc. Old ceilings will hold a suprising amount of water without showing any signs.

Consider isolating sections of the pipework, if your brave raise pressure up to 2.5 bar - it may find the leak quiker - like instantly :LOL:

Don't let the pressure hit 3 bar - otherwise you will have a problem with the safety valve.

Sponsored Links
Gasguru, thanks for the comeback - I will try going that when I get home this evening and will post a reply tomorrow. Any ideas though about the pressure gauge dropping and going back up when the hot water is switched on - is that normal???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back