NO POWER to Valliant TurboMax Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

MODEL: Vaillant GAS TurboMAX VUW GB 242/282

:?: Please could someone help? Our Boiler has no power, no lights are coming on, nothing.

I've changed the external fuses and checked the Main Fuse Box, but nothing? are there any internal fuses I should check?

thanks in advance, Sal

Sponsored Links
Had the pressure been low? There is an overheat reset button on early models which makes them look dead.
Is yours a VUW 2x2/1E? Do you have the installation manual?

ChrisR said:
Had the pressure been low? There is an overheat reset button on early models which makes them look dead.
Is yours a VUW 2x2/1E? Do you have the installation manual?

Hi, Not sure on the pressure it was working fine last night, only discovered it wasn't working this morning.

I can't find any reference to 2x2 or 1E sorry, and I don't have the manual.

:oops:

Sponsored Links
You must check the pressure - on the gauge, the black hand. Should be around 1 bar.

If it's on 0, boiler won't go, see FAQ section for Filling Loop.

Printed Circuit Board- the electronics - covered ina plastic box on yours

The x of 2x2 would be a 4 or 8
The full model number would be on a label inside, on the part which drops once the single screw is undone I think.

Pretty sure it would be out.
You gonna make me look at the manual?

if it's eg a 242E and not a 242/1E
It'll have a wee reset button unter a plastic flexible cover. I think the button is red. You need something pokey to click it in.
Turn off the power first!
I don't have the right manual handy but marking on the /1E manual it would be here:
Vaillant-242E.gif

If you drop the front panel this is to the left. Note the sardine can thing.

Hi, I've done the filling loop, but because there is no sign of life I can't tell if it has worked. :confused:

Thanks ChrisR, I've got the pressure back up, and I tried the reset button but nothing has happened, it just seems so weird not even having any flashing lights.

This is all the numbers I can find on Boiler - 242/282 80 64 84 GB

Fault finding guide says -
Does green power on indicator glow? - NO - is 230V present across terminals L and N - (NO - external fault) - YES - Check 2A fuses below boiler terminal strip (if fuses defective suspect wiring fault on external controls).
Have you done all of this? (Don't attempt it unless you understand basic electrics!)

Found it, the overheat stat does turn the lights out.
Did the reset button appear to be popped out so it clicked back in?

Was the pressure very low - ie near zero?

Hi Chris,
Yes when I first checked the pressure it was near Zero, i've taken it back up to just below 1 (filling loop), I've tried the reset button but it seems to be fine ie not popped out. Will try again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back