Bosch washing machine - Fabric conditioner not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Exxcel 1400 washing machine about 5 years young. The middle compartment of the dispensing drawer is for fabric conditioner. It is filled up to the bottom of the syphon fitment (per instructions). When a wash is complete the compartment is not empty as expected. It is filled up to the bottom of the syphon fitment with a mixture of water and residue fabric conditioner. I have washed the drawer and the syphon fitment thoroughly but this hasn't made any difference.
Help, can anyone please advise me what I should do next ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have been advised (on UK Whitegoods forum) to take out drawer, rick out the holes above it with a bit of wire, run a cycle without washing in. Have done this and have also successfully done a normal wash.

First time this happened to me I washed drawer etc, but eventually paid for a call out (£65). The problem, as has been stated, is with the water supply through the plastic filter leading to the central fabric conditioner tray. I guess poking the build up from the holes from below would be a reasonable fix, but the 'engineer' actually pulled down the flap containing the dual rows of 2x10 feeder holes (it remains attached at the back but can flop down from the front) and removed the caked on grime from above & below with a toothbrush.
Two yrs later (today) I've just done it myself. The 'flap' is very tricky to pull down (I didn't see that bit of the paid-for operation), which is why I looked online here for guidance. I ended up partly screwing a screw into one of the feeder holes and gently using it to pull down the flap with pliers - a wire coat hanger may have been less stressful, but I didn't have one! Anyway, all is cleaned out & functional again - run an empty rinse cycle before your next wash.
You'd think the panel causing the blockage would have an easy-release, but maybe they hope for call-out charges? My fix-it man certainly said, 'Oh, you weren't supposed to see that', when I looked over his shoulder and mentioned how easy it should have been to fix oneself!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for you post it wa helpful - after noticing that the fabric conditioner tray had not been emptying I tried taking the top off the machine to see if I could remove the inlet housing to clean it. The hoses came off no prolem but the rest of the unit was sealed and riveted. So too tricky to service! Therefore the other way to unblock the inlet to the conditioner tray was as others have suggested. In my case I made a makeshift cleaning tool: cut an 10cm piece of electric cable and removed one of the wires then removed the copper threads leaving me with the platic sleeve. This was an excellent prod to push through one of the four holes above where the conditioner tray sits. I was able to puff air through as well for good measure. Took others advice and ran a rinse programme before attempting proper wash load. Works as normal now. Seems that Bosch dont think that inlet water chambers silt up with peat or other sediments from cold water!

I have just stumbled across this page and website and as a result of my Bosch washing washing not dispensing fabric conditioner during the wash cycle. I called Bosch customer service before searching the web, however this page has help me get the washing machine back to working order! I now need to cancel the Bosch engineer.

Thank you for sharing the information.
regards
Viz
weinstalloutdoorlights.co.uk

I was able to completely remove the water dispenser / cowl inside above the tray by using a small screwdriver to unhook the clips. The cause of the problem was center channel had simply been blocked and it just needed a clean. Instruction of how to complete this quite tricky task was not detailed in the Bosh manual and it could have been made easier by the manufacturer in the design. A small price to pay though as otherwise no issues at all and very pleased.

I have just stumbled across this page and website and as a result of my Bosch washing washing not dispensing fabric conditioner during the wash cycle.
Its not a lot of good just cleaning out the holes in the roof of the dispensing cassette, the root of the trouble is actually inside the roof of the dispenser which can only be accessed by taking the top off of the machine, and removing the cassette its self.
I then took this all apart by springing the plastic clips and hey presto, the central chanel/duct was completely blocked with black sludgey gunge. Cleaned it all out, back together, good as new

Thank you for sharing the previous information.
regards
Chrisa720

Be wary of pulling the flap down from the back as it can snap. You have to lever it out with a small screwdriver from the front to the back, working the flap out of the clips as you go. Once given a good clean it should last for years. Thanks Bosch!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back