Creda pushes water out of detergent filling cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: I have 2 washing machines and this seems to be the opposite problem of my previous question. Type Creda (1000 supaspeed,quite old but not much used), was being replaced in my absence because it was gushing out water. In my opinion this is caused by the motor, which seems to run always @ the highest revs. When it tumbles at spinning speed with water in the drum it is not a surprise that it is pushed out where it shouildn't be. Here I cannot guarantee that the motor is ok but I measured the impedance, which seems ok and I don't think it is the problem. Electrically it appears to me that there is either a partial short circuit I did not find any non-electrical causes (filling and emptying works ok), but it goes into spinning each time the motor is activated. Any suggestions??? Is it the control again ot anything which I can check with reasonable efforts.
Leo

Sponsored Links
motor speed is determined by the tacho.

it may have a broken magnet or no magnet at all

its on the back end of the motor

Thanks Breezer, the magnet was missing. Now they tell me it doesn't come separately and 127 pounds for a replacement motor. Maybe wm too old; might have to get a new one.

Sponsored Links
if its missing it must be some where, and as its a magent it will be stuck to something steel, try looking for it on the insside of the cabinet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back